Thursday, April 16, 2009

Red


holy crap!!
is this my first posting at 2009? already April? I am just toooooooooooooo lazy to do those upload thing......>< deeply self-reflection ING.....

this is an illustration I did months ago. Is an illustration for urgent matter. My sister's friend has published a magazine name"Askew", introduce indie band and rock music from Japan. It is not easy to run a magazine project with limit market at this time. But I feel really cool for those young kid who just graduate from school have great passion to pursuit their dream! I am glad that I can be a part of it.

This illustration is for the special topic of hide who is one of my favor guitar player in the world. 2008 was the 10th anniversary of his death. I have done a lot of fan art in different subject but I never have any for hide coz I know I am not able to catch his characteristic perfect with my poor skill....Kind of embarrassed! I really wish I can do better job. = =


Askew Magazine

2 comments:

Laura Brickman said...

Hi there.

This is Laura, who also works at the magazine. I just wanted to let you know how much I truly adored and appreciated this great piece of work that you created and let us use! It really meant a lot, and seriously, from one hide fan to another - I think your capture was superb!

WhiteNoise said...

Is this Hide!? Wow love him, love this!